Submitting invoices in bulk is a great way to save time once work has been completed and confirmed by the locations you have serviced.
Gathering the necessary info for submitting your invoices in bulk
There are a few steps you will need to perform in order to gather all of the information you'll need for submitting invoices in bulk. You'll need to download the current invoice template, know what line item classes and types you may use for each line item, and have a list of the work orders that are ready for your invoices.
Downloading the Invoice Import Template
Perform the following steps to download the most current version of the invoice template:
- Click on the "Imports" menu option
- Click the "+" symbol in the toolbar in the upper right corner of the Imports tab
- Select "Vendor Invoice" from the Import Type field
- Select the "Click here to download template" option to download the invoice import template
- Open the downloaded (.xls) template (We recommend saving templates as .csv or .xlsx files)
- Refer to Fexa for the list of fields that must be filled out in order to submit your invoices
- Note the Auto Submit Option -
Retrieving List of Available Line Item Classes and Types
You'll need to make sure you have a list of the correct line item classes and types to use on your template. Perform the following steps to retrieve the names for line item classes and types you'll be using on your invoices:
- Navigate to an existing invoice that has not yet been submitted
- Click the "+" (Create New Line Item) option in the invoice toolbar (for instructions on creating a single invoice, see Creating an Invoice)
- Use the dropdown to see the list of available options for the Line Item Class and LI Type fields
Line Item Class selection example:
Line Item Type selection example:
Please note that line item classes each have their own line item types that may or may not be the same as the line item class. Be sure to only use line item types that correspond with the selected line item class.
Downloading your list of work orders to invoice
- Create a list for work orders that need to be invoiced. Be sure to include any columns you may need to help you with the description or line items (for instructions, see Creating a List)
- Open the list you created, then go to the toolbar in the upper right corner of the grid
- Use the "Export to Spreadsheet" option to export the list into the format of your choosing
Here's an example of an exported list:
Filling out the invoice import template
When filling out the invoice import template, you will likely want to copy as much as you can from the exported list of work orders that are ready to invoice.
Using the "Ready to Invoice" exported list example from above, you would want to copy the detail values from the:
- "ID" column into the "Work Order:1" column on the template
- "Assigned Providers" column into the "Provider:1" column on the template
- "Facilities" column into the "Facility:1" column on the template
- "Trade" column into the "Category:1" column on the template
This will help to save time while ensuring accuracy when adding details that directly reference data points in Fexa.
General guidelines for filling out the import template accurately:
- Template headings should remain intact to allow you to easily match the header fields during the mapping process
- There must be a field on the template for every field that is marked as required
(if you have downloaded a fresh copy of the template, you will automatically have a field present for each required field)
- Make sure all required fields contain the appropriate data for those fields
- Make sure fields that are filled out based on system requirements (fields like Facility, Category, Line Item Class, Line Item Type) EXACTLY match the system's data for that field
- All detail for a single invoice must be captured on the same row - starting a new row means you're referencing a new/different invoice
Here's an example of a properly filled out invoice template for one invoice:
Of course, to make the most of this feature you'll want to submit multiple invoices on the same template. Just remember, each row represents one invoice and all detail for the invoice must appear in the same row.
Adding Multiple Line Items to a Single Invoice
If you have more than one line item you'd like to create, you'll need add a new line item section to the template for each line item you're wanting to add. A section for a line item must contain:
- Line ID:X
- Line Item Class:X
- LI Type:X
- LI Description:X
(For each of the above, replace "X" with the number of the line item you're adding)
Here's an example demonstrating three (3) line items:
This example has been enhanced to show field requirements, descriptions and sample data:
Here's a snapshot of a template that's properly filled out for one (1) invoice with three (3) different line items:
Uploading Your Completed Invoice Template
Once you have added details for each of the invoices you want to create in Fexa, you will want to save the file on your computer and import it into Fexa.
From the setup screen:
- Click the "Browse" button to locate the completed import template file on your computer
- Click the "Upload" button to upload the file to Fexa and begin the import process
- The system will map your template fields to Fexa system fields, make sure these are all correct prior to saving the mappings and beginning the import
Once the sheet is processed, you will see which records had errors and did not import. Download the failed records, open the downloaded file and fix the errors.
You can then repeat the previous steps to re-import the corrected records.
If the import was successful for all rows, you will see the following message as confirmation: